My Favorite Lake Art Contest
The 2017 “My Favorite Lake!” student art contest was a wonderful success with 52 submissions from talented artists of all ages! The submission period is now closed and we have awarded prizes to our top entries.
Special congratulations to the three winners:
- Elia Kitina – 2nd grade from Shorewood Hills Elementary
- Zuri Taylor – 3rd grade from Marquette Elementary
- Thavida Johnston – 8th Grade from Akira Toki Middle School
Thank you for everyone who took the time to create and submit beautiful artwork of our lakes! See our album of the 2017 submissions.
Guidelines for the Clean Lakes Alliance Student Poster Design Contest (2017)
First-through-eighth grade students that attend any public or private school located in Madison and surrounding communities are eligible to submit a poster. There is a limit of one poster per student. Each grade will be judged separately based on originality, use of color, and appropriateness of the theme: My Favorite Lake.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries should be carefully mailed or hand-delivered to:
Clean Lakes Alliance
Attention: Student Art Contest
150 E Gilman St. Suite 2600
Madison, WI 53703
- All artwork must be on white drawing paper size 11” × 17”
- Artwork must be drawn HORIZONTALLY (vertical artwork will not be eligible).
- Words must be spelled correctly. Please check spelling and punctuation.
- Bold, bright, brilliant colors show up the best! Students may use the following art media: crayons, markers, chalks, pencils, watercolors, or paints.
- Artwork must be ORIGINAL (no traced, trademarked, or copyrighted characters and slogans, i.e. Snoopy, Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, etc.)
- Drawings should depict each student’s original work.
- Following information MUST be typed onto a card or piece of paper and taped to the back of each entry:
- Student’s First and Last Name
- Student’s Grade Level
- Teacher’s First and Last Name
- School Name
- Parent/Guardian’s Name and Contact information (email or phone number provided will only be used to notify winners)
Entries must be postmarked or hand delivered by Friday, September 29, 2017. Prizes are to be announced!
Call (608) 255-1000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students submitting winning entries will be notified by email or telephone no later than October 13, 2017.